1. I was a miracle baby! I was born to my mom when she was 44. She had NO IDEA she was pregnant, up until she went into labor. I had no name, no clothes, no nothing. Best of all, BECAUSE I was born, my mom found out she had Cervical Cancer. She was not a fan of doctors! She did indeed, beat that cancer and live until she was 72! 🙂
2. I am deathly afraid of groups of birds. OR single birds darting about my head!! Thanks Tippi Hedren!
3. I love love love Disneyland and all its “magicalness”! I go several times a month. For several reasons, sometimes a combo of many things; people watch, eat, ride the rides, drink, catch up with friends, watch fireworks, take pictures, etc.
4. I suffer from Trichotillomania, which is a form of OCD. I pull my hair out. I have done it since the 6th grade. I wish I could stop. Very frustrating.
5. More times than NOT, I am a major pessimist and skeptic. Lots of lessons learned has led me to act and react this way. I try to think otherwise, sometimes. I admit it is a fault!
6. I love to give gifts. The look and feeling a person has when getting a “surprise” or gift just makes me shine. Sometimes, I can’t hold onto surprises because the anticipation drives me nuts!
7. I am starting to believe that I am a clone of my mom! We look exactly alike, same career path, same bad right hip, super gray hair at a young age. So so many similarities that I share, that my siblings do NOT!
8. Katy LOVES to eat. I have a food blog, I do reviews on restaurants, I have starting my own Adventures in Food (a la Guy Fieri) and I love to cook. When my current bff met my mom years ago, she said, “I can’t believe I have found a friend that shares the same love of food as I do! We both get goosebumps over good food!”
9. Since I have gotten my BlackBerry, almost a year ago, I have been obsessive about the indicator light. This tells you when you have a text, bbm, email, facebook notification, twitter notification, missed call, etc. Whenever I see that RED light, I have to tend to it right that instant. I could just adjust settings and turn it OFF, but noooooo! Feed the obsession!
10. I am a great listener, but sometimes I need to remember to shut my mouth and just LISTEN! Not everyone is asking for my advice, sometimes they just need to vent! I apologize my friends.
11. I enjoy a wide variety of music, except country! My taste includes such artists as; Drake, Linkin Park, Wu-Tang Clan, Morrissey, Sublime, Bob Marley, Journey, Phoenix, Floetry, Jay-Z, Snoop, Sade, Wicked Tinkers, old 80’s music, my list could go on and on and on…
12. I am a fan of rollercoasters, but NOT a fan of “spin n’ puke” rides. Nuff said!
13. I am good wifey material! The cleaning aspect needs help, but all other aspects, I am golden.
14. Left Handers ROCK! Growing up the child of a teacher, all my work had to be done neatly. Kind of tricky for a lefty like myself. Some of us hold our pencils funny, tweak our papers or mal-adjust our arms. Not me, I was forces to hold it correctly. One caveat, as I write, my pinky smears my writing because it drags over what I’ve written. In high school, I smartened up! I cut a coffee filter to the length of my pinky and wrapped it around. No more smeary, nasty papers. All the extra ink went onto the coffee wrapper. ta-dah!!
15. Losing my mom to Cancer in 2004 was the hardest thing I have EVER had to deal with! We only had 17 days from prognosis to her passing. NOT enough time. All of those days were spent in the hospital. I hang on to all the fond memories I have of her as I strive to be as strong a woman as she was!!