Last week, my iPhone was stolen. I had NO insurance. Luckily, I have a new BlackBerry Bold that I used previously. I turned that one on, but I am less than satisfied.
First off, I was just upset that I had to downgrade. But then, I’m noticing substandard service. So, I work it out and head to the Verizon Wireless Store to get my new phone.
Soon enough, I’m met with several roadblocks…
*The iPhone 4, 16g is retired.
*I have to ORDER the 4s 16g, and it takes up to 2 weeks.
*They will NOT change the shipping address. I cannot receive packages at my current address. The front gate stays locked, and I will be at WORK.
*I can only use ONE payment method. I wanted to use a gift card that I received for Christmas.
In a nutshell, I had to bite the bullet and succumb to ALL there dumbass rules and stipulations. As the delivery date approaches, I will have to make arrangements to get my phone.
For a person that lacks PATIENCE, it’s going to be a LONG 2 weeks. Pray for me!!
- Verizon Reverses on $2 Fee for One-Time Payments (techland.time.com)
- Most Popular Smartphones for December (brighthand.com)
As the world knows…
Verizon has acquired the iPhone!
I have been on #TeamBlackBerry for almost 2 years now! I love love love it! In the past few months, my vision has been trippin’! I think because I’m straining to view everything under the sun on my tiny Bold screen!!
Also, I must admit that I suffer from app envy!! Friends with Android, HTC and iPhones have every kind of app! They seem to be better developed, more fun and a wider array of choices! This is very curious to me! Blackberry is tried and true and been around for so many years! Why wouldn’t they have and/or offer more apps?
There’s so much to decide! 3G or 4G? Standard Insurance or Apple Care? 16GB or 32GB? Please leave your input to help in my decision!!
1. I was a miracle baby! I was born to my mom when she was 44. She had NO IDEA she was pregnant, up until she went into labor. I had no name, no clothes, no nothing. Best of all, BECAUSE I was born, my mom found out she had Cervical Cancer. She was not a fan of doctors! She did indeed, beat that cancer and live until she was 72! 🙂
2. I am deathly afraid of groups of birds. OR single birds darting about my head!! Thanks Tippi Hedren!
3. I love love love Disneyland and all its “magicalness”! I go several times a month. For several reasons, sometimes a combo of many things; people watch, eat, ride the rides, drink, catch up with friends, watch fireworks, take pictures, etc.
4. I suffer from Trichotillomania, which is a form of OCD. I pull my hair out. I have done it since the 6th grade. I wish I could stop. Very frustrating.
5. More times than NOT, I am a major pessimist and skeptic. Lots of lessons learned has led me to act and react this way. I try to think otherwise, sometimes. I admit it is a fault!
6. I love to give gifts. The look and feeling a person has when getting a “surprise” or gift just makes me shine. Sometimes, I can’t hold onto surprises because the anticipation drives me nuts!
7. I am starting to believe that I am a clone of my mom! We look exactly alike, same career path, same bad right hip, super gray hair at a young age. So so many similarities that I share, that my siblings do NOT!
8. Katy LOVES to eat. I have a food blog, I do reviews on restaurants, I have starting my own Adventures in Food (a la Guy Fieri) and I love to cook. When my current bff met my mom years ago, she said, “I can’t believe I have found a friend that shares the same love of food as I do! We both get goosebumps over good food!”
9. Since I have gotten my BlackBerry, almost a year ago, I have been obsessive about the indicator light. This tells you when you have a text, bbm, email, facebook notification, twitter notification, missed call, etc. Whenever I see that RED light, I have to tend to it right that instant. I could just adjust settings and turn it OFF, but noooooo! Feed the obsession!
10. I am a great listener, but sometimes I need to remember to shut my mouth and just LISTEN! Not everyone is asking for my advice, sometimes they just need to vent! I apologize my friends.
11. I enjoy a wide variety of music, except country! My taste includes such artists as; Drake, Linkin Park, Wu-Tang Clan, Morrissey, Sublime, Bob Marley, Journey, Phoenix, Floetry, Jay-Z, Snoop, Sade, Wicked Tinkers, old 80’s music, my list could go on and on and on…
12. I am a fan of rollercoasters, but NOT a fan of “spin n’ puke” rides. Nuff said!
13. I am good wifey material! The cleaning aspect needs help, but all other aspects, I am golden.
14. Left Handers ROCK! Growing up the child of a teacher, all my work had to be done neatly. Kind of tricky for a lefty like myself. Some of us hold our pencils funny, tweak our papers or mal-adjust our arms. Not me, I was forces to hold it correctly. One caveat, as I write, my pinky smears my writing because it drags over what I’ve written. In high school, I smartened up! I cut a coffee filter to the length of my pinky and wrapped it around. No more smeary, nasty papers. All the extra ink went onto the coffee wrapper. ta-dah!!
15. Losing my mom to Cancer in 2004 was the hardest thing I have EVER had to deal with! We only had 17 days from prognosis to her passing. NOT enough time. All of those days were spent in the hospital. I hang on to all the fond memories I have of her as I strive to be as strong a woman as she was!!