Category Archives: Disneyland
A typical Saturday at Disneyland!
A visit to the “World Famous Disneyland Band”! A great way to start the day!
Taking in all the sights; new Spring flowers, happy children, tons of goofy, unchapperoned teens, balloons and Spring Breakers!
The sister sib and I sauntered about looking for a “mostly” healthy lunch. We decided, errr I decided on a chicken salad at the Mexican spot! Yummy romaine lettuce, chicken, jicama, radishes and pepitas!! It was just enough!!
A new experience…the canoes. In all my visits, I’ve never worked that out. It was fun and a bit frustrating that my fellow rowers would NOT row!!
I brought along my new toy! The Heart Rate Monitor! I’ve always wanted to know how many calories I burn walking all throughout the park! Today’s magic number was 398!! Not too bad for a leisurely visit!!
We played with the 4S camera and took a few pics! Such a beautiful day!! I am so fortunate…
This weekend was Disneyland’s Annual Candlelight Processional. Sara and I opted to watch on Saturday at 5:30.
We got there early to stake out a spot, 3:00 early! It was cold and I endured bad ass kids kicking and knocking into me for 3 and a half hours.
As the sun went down, it was time to light up the Main Street Christmas Tree!! Check it out!
All the waiting was so worth it! Hundreds of choral singers walked in with their candles. All got positioned and the whole show got on the road. Gary Sinise narrated this year. He did a GREAT job. It’s very moving to hear the story of Christmas with live music and choir singers. A definite must see!!
- The Sound of Music Musical (tirelessthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Follow me on Twitter at Disneyland … (sfgate.com)
- I was a BAAAAD BAAAAD Girl today!! (afrodoll.wordpress.com)
The first trip of Spring, started with Breakfast at Carnation Cafe. A first for me, I NEVER get there early enough. Just your average breakfast, I was trying to be good! Next time, I will get the fruit and yogurt parfait, was so tasty!
The sun was playing some sort of twisted game with the clouds, so it was overcast most of the day. Quite humid, though.
We did all the big rides, except Hollywood Tower of Terror! Good times! I even got to have my popcorn and picture opp with Sailor Mickey!
In efforts to spruce up the place a bit, during construction, our friends at DisneyLand put up this sign! It reminds me of the original sign that was near the Katella Street entrance back in the day!!
“Let the Memories Begin!”
This is so true, I have so many good memories of this place! As a child and recently! Some people just don’t “get it” when we say we go several times a month! It truly is an experience, whether you ride rides or just walk around or just go for the people watching!!
I told Amy today, “I can’t wait until the day that I can bring my own child and they are old enough to experience the magic, the wonder and the excitement!”
One day I can share the memories with my own family, one day! God willing!
- Walkee iGuide to Disneyland iPhone App Keeps Disneyland Fans Close to the Magic (prweb.com)
- 1000Memories: Remembering Loved Ones (appreaders.com)
- Disneyland’s Splash Mountain to be closed this spring (gadling.com)
1. I was a miracle baby! I was born to my mom when she was 44. She had NO IDEA she was pregnant, up until she went into labor. I had no name, no clothes, no nothing. Best of all, BECAUSE I was born, my mom found out she had Cervical Cancer. She was not a fan of doctors! She did indeed, beat that cancer and live until she was 72! 🙂
2. I am deathly afraid of groups of birds. OR single birds darting about my head!! Thanks Tippi Hedren!
3. I love love love Disneyland and all its “magicalness”! I go several times a month. For several reasons, sometimes a combo of many things; people watch, eat, ride the rides, drink, catch up with friends, watch fireworks, take pictures, etc.
4. I suffer from Trichotillomania, which is a form of OCD. I pull my hair out. I have done it since the 6th grade. I wish I could stop. Very frustrating.
5. More times than NOT, I am a major pessimist and skeptic. Lots of lessons learned has led me to act and react this way. I try to think otherwise, sometimes. I admit it is a fault!
6. I love to give gifts. The look and feeling a person has when getting a “surprise” or gift just makes me shine. Sometimes, I can’t hold onto surprises because the anticipation drives me nuts!
7. I am starting to believe that I am a clone of my mom! We look exactly alike, same career path, same bad right hip, super gray hair at a young age. So so many similarities that I share, that my siblings do NOT!
8. Katy LOVES to eat. I have a food blog, I do reviews on restaurants, I have starting my own Adventures in Food (a la Guy Fieri) and I love to cook. When my current bff met my mom years ago, she said, “I can’t believe I have found a friend that shares the same love of food as I do! We both get goosebumps over good food!”
9. Since I have gotten my BlackBerry, almost a year ago, I have been obsessive about the indicator light. This tells you when you have a text, bbm, email, facebook notification, twitter notification, missed call, etc. Whenever I see that RED light, I have to tend to it right that instant. I could just adjust settings and turn it OFF, but noooooo! Feed the obsession!
10. I am a great listener, but sometimes I need to remember to shut my mouth and just LISTEN! Not everyone is asking for my advice, sometimes they just need to vent! I apologize my friends.
11. I enjoy a wide variety of music, except country! My taste includes such artists as; Drake, Linkin Park, Wu-Tang Clan, Morrissey, Sublime, Bob Marley, Journey, Phoenix, Floetry, Jay-Z, Snoop, Sade, Wicked Tinkers, old 80’s music, my list could go on and on and on…
12. I am a fan of rollercoasters, but NOT a fan of “spin n’ puke” rides. Nuff said!
13. I am good wifey material! The cleaning aspect needs help, but all other aspects, I am golden.
14. Left Handers ROCK! Growing up the child of a teacher, all my work had to be done neatly. Kind of tricky for a lefty like myself. Some of us hold our pencils funny, tweak our papers or mal-adjust our arms. Not me, I was forces to hold it correctly. One caveat, as I write, my pinky smears my writing because it drags over what I’ve written. In high school, I smartened up! I cut a coffee filter to the length of my pinky and wrapped it around. No more smeary, nasty papers. All the extra ink went onto the coffee wrapper. ta-dah!!
15. Losing my mom to Cancer in 2004 was the hardest thing I have EVER had to deal with! We only had 17 days from prognosis to her passing. NOT enough time. All of those days were spent in the hospital. I hang on to all the fond memories I have of her as I strive to be as strong a woman as she was!!
M. I. C. K. E. Y. M. O. U. S. E. or Zippity Dooo Dahhhh, Zippity Ayyyy!!
Not too great of a weekend! False expectations led me to be a little restless.
Sunday was my day of redemption!! First off, I’m greeted by homemade breakfast!! And to top that? Dishes washed too! Usually, we trade off! He cooks, I wash and vice versa!! Then we took our full tummies and Otis to the Seal Beach Dog Park! This is a much prettier park with grass! He had lots of fun running, chasing and wrestling with new friends! Otis, not C! 🙂
Then off to the wonderful World of Disneyland! I’ve had the itch for a while now! I hadn’t been in a few weeks and have been missing it!! Lots to do, rides to ride, snacks to eat, people to reminisce with, Blue Moons to drink, laughs to be had!! Not to mention, the best tram ride everrrr! HA!!
Great Sunday!!! Good Times! Wish all weekends were so adventure filled….
Friday was the hottest day of the Summer thusfar. After work, I had a hankering for a Disney Adventure! Call up Mamers and Kylie…they’re always down!! All goes as planned, without a hitch!! I even decidied to ride Splash Mountain, a way to cool down, without getting mega-splashed like on the Rapids ride! Great idea, riiggghht?
Wrong!! we get 3/4 of the way through the ride when it stops!! No worries, maybe some Cripple Critters had to get on and there was a delay!! Ohhh no, not the case!! We had to disembark and walk down! In all my Disney Adventures, this has NEVER happened to me!!
Ohhhh, the things we saw!! A 7 foot pile of hundreds of bags of recyclables, a tangled mess of concrete and rebar that makes up the mountain, the controls for the ride, scaffoldings….oh dear!!
Needless to say…some of the magic is gone!!
Finding our way back to Civilization…